Monday, January 21, 2013

Hey Friendship!!!

Rare occurrence ladies....and are there any gentleman out there reading this?  Just curious about that.  Anyways, things have been rough lately.  Nothing specific happened to make me say that, just a lot of little and some bigger things and the time of year it is and man, it has been a hell of a year me me.  Things are just catching up with me I guess.  I am feeling it, for sure. 

SO, when I was on the phone with my Sis and I mentioned that there is a band playing down at a local bar that I wanted to check out, she said "go!"  "I will watch the kids!"  I said, no, no, no, it's ok.  It's been a long week and I haven't even showered today and hubby is probably tired form working.  She said to think about it and call her back.

As tired and not into going out past my bedtime as I was......I called her back and said. "We will go!"

Kids all tucked into bed, Sis on kid duty, and we were off.

Old friends that I haven't seen in forever where there.  Things felt good.  Familiar and strange all at the same time.  And then........................................

These guys started to play!  The Hornitz!

If you don't know them already, here they are.............

I dare you NOT to start moving your body.  I dare you.

They played this..........

and some of this.........

and a bit of this......


Until this Mama got her groove back!  It didn't take long.  I danced and drank some cold beers and it all felt great.  Music does that to ya, though.  Music brings people together.  Music melts away the stress of life. Music is great therapy.  I was digging them big time.  As tired as I felt the next day from "over grooving it", it was all worth it.  I will take a tired Saturday for a Friday night that helped me remember who I am, besides a Mom.  I am a girl who loves to jam.



I had to share this band with you all in case they ever come around in your town.  Check them out.  They will not disappoint.

Love,
Mama Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment