Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hello, 2013! Time to REINVENT!!!

Hi Y'all!  Happy New Year to you and yours.  

I know I have been kind of MIA for a while.  I apologize.  I needed the holiday season to really be there with my family. I needed to suck in every moment and enjoy the magic of having a 4 year old, 2 year old and a 5 month old.  To be honest, I just didn't have it in my to write, nor could I find the time.  You see Chica isn't napping for as long or as often as she once did and that has shifted how I can spend my time.  What time?!?!  Let';s be real here.  And for whatever reason lately I feel like I am busier than ever, overwhelmed to the brim, and not feeling like the rockin' Mama that I know I am....or can be.  I am working on this.  Back to the point.......

I was putting off posting until I could say something big or heartful, but it was looming over me and I decided to just start small and build from there.  So here I am.

Here is a super easy, quick craft that you can do right now and it will only take you ten minutes tops!  

I reinvented a t-shirt and made it into a scarf!

I got the idea from Pinterest.  Here is how it goes:


Find an old shirt that you no longer wear.  This little number is 10 years old and this Mama body will never fit into it again.  Don't know why I hung onto this one for so long but I am glad I did.  






Cut shirt.



Cut slits and then pull each fringe piece.  Note:  The fringe will roll into itself when you pull it.  When it is first cut it lies straight. 
Done!  Bye-bye old shirt!  Hello, new scarf! 
It is as easy at that!

Love you all and I will try to catch up another day with how our holidays went.  

Welcome to another year and another chance for you to do something crazy with this one life we get.  The good crazy not the nut house crazy.......hahahaha.  I say this as I down my first Lumiday.

Love you,
Mama Nic

 

No comments:

Post a Comment