Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Belly is Getting HUGE and So Is My Nesting Instinct



Belly at 26 weeks 6 days 





So when my Mother called this weekend and asked if there was anything that she could help me with.....cleaning, watching kids, organizing whatever, I jumped at the chance.  Yes!  I felt this NEED to go through all the 3 years of baby clothes that have accumulated in the house over the last 3 years, sort, purge and set aside for new baby.  And do it today!  My son was already at his other Grandparent's house, Daddy was playing rugby, and so that left me and my daughter home alone.  And we certainly couldn't get up into the attic and get down all those boxes.  My Mom came over and we got right to work. 

We sifted through 3 years of baby memories, stumbling upon outfits that were keepsakes of my son's and I will put away for him to maybe pass on to his kids or at least have to look at and see how tiny he once was.  Memories were in those boxes and although we didn't need any baby boy clothes anymore, it was bitter sweet to let them go. 

It was also exciting to set aside clothes that the new baby could use.  We put aside all the clothes that baby girl will grow into to be stored back up in the attic.  We took out  the newborn clothes to be washed and set into drawers in nursery.  (....well, as soon as I move my daughter out of nursery and into brother's room....we need a bigger house already!)

We laughed at remembering "oh this was a hand-me-down from Aviana"  and "remember when Zamira wore this".  "Can you believe Max was ever this small?"  We found clothes that I had sewn, special holiday outfits and clothes passed down and lots and lots of gifts from grandparents. :)   Little shoes, pregnancy books,  you name it we found it, sorted it and got things organized.  We were not messing around.

This kicked in my nesting drive big-time.  The lists that were growing in my head and my belly has grown, was written down on paper.  Time for action.  My Mother said she thinks this baby will come early.  So.......just in case.  We will be ready.

And just a quick medical update.  This week I was very crampy again only worse than normal. The morning with lots of cramping was followed by a pretty uncomfortable day with lots of braxton hicks.  I had a doc appointment that day and he checked my cervix but luckily, again.....nothing has changed.  The cramping may be due to the IUD.   My back pain is still an everyday battle and commuting and sitting at a desk all day seems to be the worse thing for it.  I also now have sciatica, which is something new for me.  Physical Therapy continues on a weekly basis.  So physically, the struggle continues and yet I have no choice but to carry on.  Week by week, we are getting there. 

Take a look below at the piles and piles of clothes/aka past memories and future dreams.
  
Exhibit A.  Clothes we were giving to other people we know who had little boys or to donate. This pile grew by about 4 more boxes!
My son's "coming home" outfit to keep and a onesie from the year he was born.
The outfit he smiled in for the 1st time and the little knickers, suspenders, and bow tie that he wore to my Sister's wedding.  Keepsakes.  Precious.
And finally a box to wash and sell on consignment.  















































































Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment