|Yup. There she is right there. My Sweet Marmalade herself!|
|There she is in the first ever pinafore that I designed and sewed. Aaaaaaaaaaw!|
With the pinafores I design I try to make them as functional, high quality, economical, eco-friendly as I can. Of course, being high on the sweetness scale is also top priority. All My Sweet Marmalade pinafores have these goals in mind as I design each one. As I design, sew, wrap, label, and mail them off........love goes into each and every step.
Let me walk you through what this really means.
- Easy on and off. The pinafore fits a modern Mom’s and Babies lifestyle. No fussy buttons to deal with. Just slip it right over her head and get going.
- She burps or spills milk……flip it over!
- Two looks, one dress!
- The label is handmade
- Choice of thread
- Designer fabrics
- You get two looks in one!
- Criss-cross design in back makes this garment very accommodating to an ever growing child. Therefore, it can be worn season after season. This pinafore will start out about mid-thigh (depending on the height of the child) and end up as a tunic or shirt.
|This was a blanket in it's past life.|
- Label is 100% organic cotton
- I try and use up-cycled material where appropriate
I know that Mar is a peanut, but I do believe that most girls can use these pinafores season after season, or maybe year after year!
The pinafore is a timeless staple in any girls closet. In the warmer months it can be worn alone with a pair of bloomers, shorts or even over a bathing suit. Just layer it over short or long sleeve onesies or shirts for when it’s cooler. Leggings, pants, and leg warmers also look adorable when paired with your pinafore.
If you have a little girl that could use some threads from My Sweet Marmalade, head on over to Etsy! (sizes run from newborn up to a 5T!)
Love, Peace, and Sandy Feet,