Monday, June 25, 2012

A Masterpiece......or Two......or Three!

Feeling a bit emotional this morning.  I know, I know....hormones, right?  But it is more than that.  I woke up this morning thinking the number 37.  I am 37 weeks pregnant.  A miracle for sure.  At some points in this pregnancy I didn't know how far we would make it and yet here we are at 37.  I kissed my kids an extra time or two this morning and really soaked in our family of four about to be five.  Every child is such a gift.  I can't wait to unveil this last one.

It has not always (or rarely has) been easy on this pregnancy journey to hold a thankful heart but I try.....still try.  I have a doctor's appointment this morning and will see what the situation is today.  One foot in front of the other.  We are getting close to this journey's end and the fresh start of a new story.

This weekend the kid's and I had some fun!  My two Masterpieces painted my belly with finger paints and it was SO FUN!!!  I say they are my masterpieces because they really are.  They came to life from love, passion, care and a bit of serendipity.  Their souls truly do light up and I am thankful for each one of them. 

Take a look at our work in progression.

So timid at first.  Dab....dab...dab.  Is this really OK, Mama?

Oh yeah.  It is fine!  Such a  serious little artist at work.

By now we all have our bellies painted and they look beautiful.

Color upon color.  Layer upon layer.  Memories that I will never forget.

A little more work on themselves. 

And finally a "B" for Baby about to Bust! 
So after this,  at times turbulent storm, it is our time for a rainbow!  And if we don't see one today..............We can surely paint one's for ourselves! 

Rainbow seen from our Villa on our honeymoon to St. John back in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment