Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Learning Moment also know as "PLOT TWIST!"

It's 4:24 a.m and I am not asleep.  My mind swirls with thoughts too distracting for me to ignore and do want I really should be doing at this hour....sleep.  We have just about 17 hours left until the date of our closing on our investment property and things are just not feeling right. 

You know those red flags, those whispers that something just isn't right, those moments that your antennae stand up on end and make you think "danger!"........well, hubby and I have had to many to ignore in the home buying process,  and I am a strong believer in NEVER ignoring your gut instincts. 



So, we walk.

This wasn't a case of cold feet.  It wasn't because we were second guessing our plan.  There were just too many signs for us to go through with this and feel good about it.  .

Without going into too much detail, I will just say that in this process there has to be trust, good communication, good vibes, and respect.  When any one of those pieces start to crumble, what starts as a little problem soon turns to an avalanche.

This decision was not easy.  I am disappointed.  But I feel it was the right thing to do for us.  It was a huge learning moment for us.  I learned about the house buying process when you live in one state and the house is in the other,  I made great contacts with home inspectors, insurance agents, property managers.  I learned about the laws for situations like this.  I learned to really trust our hunches and stand firm behind our beliefs.


 This house just wasn't in the stars for us.  Even astrology wasn't on our side for this one. Thanks to my pal for filling me in on Mercury Retrograde!

As a Mama of three I have learned to ALWAYS trust your gut when it comes to your babies.  I am learning to apply that lesson to life in general and I think that this time, as hard as it was,  we really stuck to our guns.  Trust your gut!


Love, Peace, and Sandy Feet,
Mama Nic



No comments:

Post a Comment