Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An Alice In Wonderland, Double Birthday Party!!!

This way to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party!


 
Lots of thought and planning went into this double birthday party for my girls! 
We had a table with a basket of scarves, hats, necklaces, and bracelets to dress up in.  Pink popcorn.  Chica's Baby album to share.  I also used old fabric I had an tablecloths.

The "big" kids helping with the Cheshire Cat Cupcakes!  (Poor Bubba got stung under the eye.) I don't think they make the apple gummy lifesavers anymore, so I used mini marshmallows cut in half for the smile.
Lots and lots of grinning Cheshires!I also used an orange skittle for the nose because I thought it was cuter.  I bought purple decorator gel and mixed it was a can of premade vanilla frosting.
A Cat in progress.
Everyone couldn't help but smile too when they saw these cutie cupcakes!
Truth!!!

DIY photo props!  Google image. Print.  Cut.  Glue to straw.  Done!
Fresh picked from our garden.

Chica!!! 

See my balloon, Mama?

Cousins eating some cotton candy! 


I made the girls dresses and mini mad hatter hats!  Taking the photo was the biggest challenge.  I used some of this template but added a paper plate to make the bottom a little sturdier.  I also used ribbon and buttons and a butterfly to embellish it! I also added a Number one for Chica.












Marmalade trying out her cousins hat.






We also had Pin the Tail on the Cheshire Cat, but we never ended up playing with it.  We were too busy and forgot!






Poppy helping with water balloons!





Chica's First Birthday Cupcake!


Getting into it now...

Oh yeah.  Destroyed. 

Num Num Num




I think half the fun was making the mess!


Another Birthday girl enjoying her special treat.


A Dora Fedora!!!

Even Bubba got a few gifts. 










Bubba Rabbit. 

A tiny Mad Hatter!

Finn enjoyed the party too.


Punch holes through playing cards and hang them with yarn.  The banner was something I sewed for Marmalade's 1st Birthday. 

Drink Me signs in the vases and on straws.  Eat Me signs for all the food.  Print.  Cut.  Glue to straws.  Cut straws in half if you wish.  Pop them in food and drinks.
 

Red heart balloons, velvet ribbons, streamers.




Our house of cards!  (sorry.....it is a little fuzzy)


Inspiration for this came from here!



Mama, having fun with the props.

Off with her head!



Maybe you will consider having an Alice in Wonderland Party of your own!  It was such a fun theme to do!  Remember to go here to get some ideas!


Love, Peace, and Sandy Feet,
Mama Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment