Monday, August 12, 2013

On top of the world! (or at least a mountain!)

Today I loaded up the lunch, drinks, diapers, wipes, napkins, and kids and drove to the top of a mountain with them. 

It was just the type of adventure that the day called for. 

T

The kids loved it up at Mount Greylock.  This was our first trip up all together. 

I have been up here so many times alone to hike.  My favorite memories up here are actually with me and my hubby's dog, Madison, hiking on hot summer days.  He was such a great hiking buddy.  I miss him being around. 

Today was for making new memories. 

We started with sandwiches, juice, and my fav sea salt and vinegar chips. A few handfuls of fresh blueberries, and then a chocolate chip cookie. 

It was gorgeous up on that mountain today.






Ooh the sass in this little one already. 


Group Pic.

And another.

Bubba reading the trail map.

Now Marmalade takes a turn navigating. 

Chica and I just follow.


And follow.


Hmmmm?

Here is my world.  A great day with my babes!!!



And they are out..  One.

Two.  

Three!


Hope your Monday had adventure in it too!

Peace, Love, and Sandy Feet,
Mama Nic

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nichole, what a wonderful day you must have had. It brought back memories of when my daughter was little and we used to go on similar adventures on the mountain! During this time of year we always made it a point to stop on Jone's Nose to pick fresh wild blueberries. To this day she still remembers those tiny sweet berries and the fun times we had. I am sure the kids will remember these times with you as well! <3

    ReplyDelete