Friday, November 9, 2012

Refill? Yes, please.

My cup needs a refill.

As Mothers we are givers by nature.  It comes natural.  It comes with the job.  It comes from deep within us when we are so tired we can't see or think straight.  Somehow we find the place where it comes from and it just flows.  Giving flows out of us everyday, every second of our lives whether we realize it or not.

We give our bodies, our breastmilk, a bottle.  We give up our sleep, our last bite of toast, sips of our water because Mama's water is somehow better than their water.  We give care when they are sick, we give rides to playdates, we give out band-aids.  We give out meals and snacks and at time's time-outs.  As you know, the list is infinite.

We give, give, give, give, give and then give again.  If you are called "Mama" you know this to be true.

Well friends, just shy of  four months into being a Mama of three I think my cup is in dire need of a refill.  I have given so much of myself in this last year especially that I recognize that I need to start getting something back to refill me.  Refuel me.

I acknowledge that my cup is getting near empty and if you ask me for a refill, I will certainly accept.  I will refill by noticing and savoring all the little miracles that happen every day.  A smile and laugh from my youngest one, a hug from my middle child and laughing at a funny story that my oldest is telling me.  I will refill with a hug from my spouse, a chat with a friend, a trip out of the house to be alone and collect myself again.  All these things will slowly fill me back up.  I am putting it out to the Universe that I am accepting a life of abundance.  Bring it on world.  I am ready.

What I was doing for a while was emptying my cup and before I knew it, I was almost down to the last drop.  That feeling of being down to the last drop is not something I want in my life and so I am actively trying to do something about it.

Here are a few things that I am doing.

I am reading this book.   Thanks, Oprah for a fine recommendation. 

  I am trying to get Yoga back into my life.  I have yet to get to a class but I am doing some movement everyday.  I actually did go to two classes so far and they BOTH happened to be cancelled!  I ended up doing yoga with a nice lady I met who was there for the class too and she happened to have been a yoga instructor in the past so........the two of us found a nice patch of grass (well, leaves at this point) and I followed her lead in some sun salutations.  It was totally spontaneous and maybe some passer-by's thought we were crazy but, we didn't care.   So in the meantime, I have been using  the app "Pocket Yoga"and "Yoga" to fill the gap.  I am also using the app "Buddist Mediation."

Speaking of meditation, I am LOVING the 21 Day Mediation Challenge lead by Deepak Chopra!  I highly suggest that you start it now if you haven't already.  It is about crating abundance in your life.  Click here to check it out.....you will not be dissapointed.The hardest part of the challenge is to actually find the 15 minutes of quiet to do it.  But it wouldn't be called a challenge if it was supposed to be easy.  I am into day 5 and have found the time every day so far.  It has been a priority.
I partly blame my hormone crash from the Mirena still for some of my feelings of anxiety and low feelings.  I have Googled Post-partum depression and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder,  but I really think I am just a Mama with a lot on her plate and need to give myself a break.  I have talked to a doctor for anyone you are thinking that I shouldn't be diagnosing myself.  I am not doing that.  I still have some wits about me.  He thinks I am ok......just overwhelmed and need to give myself more time to heal. So let the healing begin.  Let  my cup be refilled and my cup runneth over.

Below are some things that have certainly helped my cup fill back up....drop by drop.











Love you all.

Namaste.

Mama Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment