Thursday, July 5, 2012

Getting Ready for Game Day

I haven't been feeling that well the last couple of days physically or at times emotionally.  I woke yesterday with some stomach flu-like symptoms and contractions that made me take notice.  It was the 4th of July and my Gramma Mimi's Birthday.  I miss her so much and would have loved if my girl could have had the same special birthday as her.  I was excited at the contractions as they came on.  My Sister and I were amused timing them for a couple of hours straight at one point.  All day they would come and last for a couple of hours and then slowly let up and fizzle down to nothing like a firecracker that just didn't want to fully ignite.  I know my body was doing some prep work yesterday and although I felt tired and pretty miserable in the morning, after spending a day with the family on the lake although still very tired and physically not very comfortable, emotionally I was recharged.

This morning I woke to the same stomach flu-like symptoms again and body chills.  No fever at all but I was shivering out of control and it was not cold in the house by any means.  I read that could be a sign of oncoming labor but at this point it seems a joke because of course labor is coming soon.  11 days away from the official due date.

I have been playing it low key today.  Water has been my best friend trying to stay hydrated and get rest.  I did some light housework and seemed to get the house and my mind decluttered and in shape for our new permanent house guest,  should she feel like arriving soon. Uh hm  hint hint....any time now, Baby.  We are ready.   I did some reading and listened to some music and felt more relaxed.

Out of nowhere I thought of a quote from a show that I enjoyed watching, Friday Night Lights.  I don't know if any of you liked that show or watched it but even though I am sure the target audience was high school kids.....I loved it.  Timmy Riggins and Coach Taylor are reason one and two!  Holy hotness!  hahahah a Anyways, the quote is:

Clear Eyes, Full hearts, Can't Lose!

How appropriate.  I repeated that to myself over and over.  Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!  Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose! I felt like an athlete at a pep rally getting ready for the big game. I felt good.  Strong,   like I could take on the Mirena and tackle it's ass (pardon my french).  Like I could block that Gestational Thrombocyptopenia!  Like I was a birthing goddess who could do this and will do this!  Three kids all under three years old.....I got this!!!  Come on baby girl!!!  Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!

I can just hear Coach Taylor saying to me.............

In this pregnancy you have been challenged, like never challenged before.  Question flying around town is can this Mama be beat?

Preparation, preparation, preparation.  We are going to stack our strengths against this complicated situation and come out of this on top.  By God, you have been preparing for this coming day and this time in your life both physically and mentally.  You have been preparing  for this one thing and one thing only.......that is birthing a healthy child to complete your family.

You listen to to me now.  You listen to me!  You look around at your family and you ask yourself Mama, because it is time....what kind of a woman am I?  What kind of a Mother am I?

This birth day there will be a bond formed between you that will never be broken.  I will not be proven wrong on that.

Do I think that you can do this?  No I don't think you can do this, I KNOW damn well you can do this!  The question is do YOU think you can do this?

Then show me.

 



2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite post so far. Go get 'em mama...and I shall refrain from smacking you on the ass as you head into the birthing room. :). Soon...you're almost there!

    Xoxo
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thanks, Jenny. It is rally time for sure!!!! I see the doc tomorrow and am waiting to see if he is setting game day. Rally! Rally!

      Delete