Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Can See the Light

Ok, so the girl who likes/needs a plan in her life finally has one.  Let's get this straight, I am more than ok with the plan changing BUT for now I have some peace of mind.

After seeing the hematologist and my OB/GYN  this week it has been decided that IF I don't go into labor on my own by Tuesday, I am being induced.  The induction is for medical reasons and not because I am just getting antsy.....just sayin.  That seems to be a BIG IF right now because my body is definitely on it's way and doc seemed to think I was possibly in the early stages of labor yesterday.  

Plan will be to get more blood work on Monday morning to check the platelet level.  Call OB doc in the afternoon with results.  If the number is too low then they will take me in that night for the most likely treatment of i.v. steroids and then go for the induction the next morning after rechecking the number.  If the level seems ok on Monday, then we will just go forward first thing on Tuesday with the induction and have a Birthday Party!  We shall see if this little one sets her own Birthday or not.  I can't say what she will do.  She is VERY unpredictable already and definitely has a plan of her own.  

So, that is the scoop.  My house is quiet now so I want to wrap this up.  Hubby took the kids to the playground so they could run off some major energy that they have going already today.  Doc told me to walk, walk, walk this weekend and already did that this morning.  I am just having a bit of down time while I can before the chaos comes home again.    I love my kids but can I just say that dealing with a 3 and 2 year old at this stage is pregnancy is more than a bit challenging to me lately.  Bubba came home last night with a shirt that Grammy bought for him that says "Not Listening" and boy is that appropriate these days. 

Time to wrap this up, in more than one way.

Oh yeah, and I am still chanting.........

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose!

Love,
Mama Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment