Monday, May 13, 2013

Arrrgh! I think I am raising little buccaneers!



Ahoy, me Hearties!

You ever noticed how kids get hooked on different things and become obsessed with them?  I am sure you have seen it for yourself......a book you have to read 98 times in a row, the same DVD on loop for weeks, a game, a color, an animal, an annoying noise, a joke..........you get the idea.  All kids do it.  Some things are funny  and some are not after awhile.  Arrrrgh! 

This week,  in our house, or minivan rather,  is it pirate themed music.  Whenever we all enter the van (or our ship on wheels), I get requests (demands) to listen to the Pirate songs.  I have to fess up that I love both of these songs and that is why they know them in the first place, but I never would have thought that they would have created such a craze for my kids.  Blimey!!!  I love it.  (Right now, at least!)

Bubba, the eldest of the pirates, sings "Mother, mother ocean, I've heard you call.   Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall.  You've seen it all, you've seen it all."  That is all the amomo that boy needs for me and I am finished.  Blow me down!  It is so cute I can't even stand it.  That song, of course is  "A Pirate Looks at 40," by Jimmy Buffett.  When hubbo and I were recently in Punta Gorda at a fabulous place called, Dean's South of the Border, we got the pleasure to hear this song performed live by one of their talented entertainers.  I was in heaven!




Then shiver me timbers, add Marmalade AND Bubba belting out lines from "Pirate Flag," by Kenney Chesney and I am toast.  Those kids could do just about anything then and there and I would be a bowl of mush at their mercy. Bubba refers to Kenney as the "Cowboy Pirate."  Somehow, I think Kenney would be ok with that title.


I might spend my whole life running around
Still let the wind kinda blow me around
Well I dropped a note in a bottle
To a long-legged model
And I traded it in for a whole 'nother world
A pirate flag and an island girl
A pirate flag and an island girl

I am enjoying the Pirate Extravaganze while it lasts.

Avast Ye!  Maybe you will even see our ship on wheels with a pirate flag soon!  Keep an eye out for us.  A Seadog or two, a lad and two lassies.  Not to worry, if you spot us.   We are not the walk the plank type pirates, just the loud, singing, treasure seeking type of folks.  

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me!

Until next time. 

Smooth Sailin',
Mama (Captain) Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment